Here’s one of my favorite smoothie recipes. It’s delicious and easy to prepare, especially if you’re in a rush. Filled with goodness and will give you a boost of energy.
- 2 cup or more filtered or spring water
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 sticks of celery
- 1 pear
- 1 banana or (1/2)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Handful of cilantro and parsley
- 1/4-inch slice ginger root, peeled
- **You can add (good quality greens powder) Optional
- **Any good quality greens powder will support your liver, kidneys, blood, bones, colon, circulation, and immune function.
Just look for something that’s well crafted and organic, or, ask your nutritionist, naturopath doctor, or chiropractor.
Most of them have good quality green powders at their clinics.
Blend all ingredients together in a blender. You can mix and match your greens and fruits (berries).Try varying this recipe using kale, chard or arugula.
This is an adapted recipe originally created by Kimberly Snyder, CN, The Beauty Detox Foods.