Classic Liver Cleansing Herbal Tea
Category: Herbal Teas
Prep Time: 0 hr 5 min
Cook Time: 0 hr 30 min
Servings: 3 Cups
2 tablespoons dried burdock root
2 tablespoon dandelion root
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 tablespoon fresh chopped ginger
3-4 cups water
1. Place all ingredients into a medium sized stainless steel or glass pot, cover and bring to a gentle boil.
2. Immediately reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and add any leafy herbs such oat straw or red clover. Steep for 10 to 20 minutes more with the lid on if you added any extra herbs.
4. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a wide mouth mason jar. Add raw honey if desired. Drink as desired, store any unused portions in the refrigerator in a covered jar.
5. Licorice root is an adrenal balancer which is very helpful in times of stress;
6. Burdock root helps to purify the blood and stimulate the liver; Dandelion root also works to stimulate the liver and purify the blood. And Ginger acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory. Enjoy!
Dandelion, Burdock root have bitter principles and are classic liver-cleansing herbs and Ginger help to move stagnant energy in the liver, Licorice root is an adrenal balancer which is very helpful in times of stress