What Is Your Morning Ritual? I thought this week was a perfect time to talk about your morning ritual. If you struggled to get back on track in January & February but are committed to start again this month, this will be perfect for you!
- Strengthens abdominal muscles
- Enhances digestion and elimination (pooping is essential to good health!)
- Helps burn calories
So stay tuned for that!
Like I mentioned, your morning cycle is very important. So, what is your particular morning ritual?
- Is your first cup in the morning filled with coffee or water?
- How much water do you drink in the morning?
- Do you have a bowel movement every morning?
- How about your morning breakfast? Is it filled with carbs, or do you skip breakfast in favor of a big lunch?
The answers to these questions will help you determine how the rest of your day will go and how much energy you’ll have at the end of the day.
There are four action steps that should be in your daily morning routine. Here they are:
1. Hydrate your body with pure water first thing every morning —or use Secret Detox Drink Recipe (available on my blog here. I’ve been using this recipe with clients this year. It has been super-popular online. It’s from Dr. Josh Axe, who I been following for few years now. It’s called the “The Secret Detox Drink”!
This drink will energize you. It’s a great way to speed up weight-loss, eliminate water retention, and quickly balance your blood sugar.
2. Make sure you have a bowel movement every morning!
3. Have a green smoothie for your morning breakfast (or a simple Paleo breakfast). Green smoothies/protein shakes have an added bonus: they help to diminish food cravings, improve digestion, and increase your energy. Not only that, but smoothies are a great way to satisfy your hunger in the morning while cleansing your insides. So, if you’re having trouble with constipation, a morning smoothie will take care of it very quickly. You'll love this smoothie: Your Natural Weight-Loss Winter Green Smoothie
4. Minimize or, preferably, eliminate your intake of coffee. You can replace it with Yerba mate, green tea, or Tulsi tea. (I talk about this in my Fresh Start Detox program here.)
People who drink coffee first thing in the morning actually spike their cortisol levels. These same people will experience huge cortisol surges at meals, causing them to overeat. As a result, they usually have higher body fat, lower muscle mass, and a reduced metabolism; and they burn fewer calories. They don’t sleep well at night because elevated cortisol levels keep them from entering stage 4 sleep, which is the deep rebuild-and-repair sleep your body needs for recovery. (I’ll talk about this later.)