Getting rid of cellulite naturally is all about two important things: Diet and Exercise
Cellulite is basically a combination of excess fat and body toxins lying beneath the surface of the skin.
Think about this:
If your system is congested, your body will try to dump its metabolic wastes in areas of excess fat in order to get them out of the way, thus promoting the creation of cellulite.
Engaging in a cellulite or fat cleansing process through diet and exercise may be the best way to get you started on attacking that cellulite and eating healthier.
This means not sabotaging your efforts by eating foods high in saturated fats or unhealthy fats such as those found in some meats and dairy products.
Unhealthy fats also include trans fats, partially hydrogenated oils, or hydrogenated oils that we commonly use in cooking or baking.
The worst are the fats found in most junk or snack foods and all kinds of fried foods, all of which love to accumulate into excess body fat.
Fats aren’t the only bad guys when it comes to cellulite. Sugars and foods high in sugar content can be really harmful to your health. So can fast foods or any type of highly processed foods.
Because these food choices are so low in enzymes, which promote digestion, much of the food just sticks to our cells as excess fat.
Include more bad habits to the mix like not drinking enough water, smoking, and lack of exercise, and you may find yourself in trouble. You can end up with reduced liver function, poor digestion, hormonal imbalances, constipation, plenty of allergies, and, believe it or not, stress.
But it’s never too late to change. By changing bad eating habits and by exercising, you can improve your overall health and also begin the process of ridding your body of that ugly cellulite.
All you have to do is change your lifestyle in simple and positive ways:
Here are 12 simple tips on how to do it:
- Drink plenty of water. Upon awakening, drink one or two glasses of pure water with lemon. This means drinking about 16 ounces of water at room temperature or, if you prefer, you can drink warm water. In total, try drinking eight glasses of bottled water each day, and include herbal teas like dandelion, red clover, burdock, or ginger.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice. Lemon juice helps you eliminate more toxins on a daily basis and is better to boot!
- Take a good quality green powder drink. Consume green drinks once or twice a day for energy and nutrient content. For example, mix wheat grass or barley grass powder in 8 ounces of water.
- Take enzymes. Don’t forget that enzymes aid in digestion. They’re extremely beneficial in your battle to get rid of fat and cellulite. Select juices and foods packed with enzymes to help you reach your weight loss goals and maintain them.
- Boost your fiber intake. Take two to three tablespoons of ground flaxseed or chia seeds daily.
- Drink juices every day. Try the green ones like kale, cucumber, and add apple, and ginger! —your magic bullets. I now fast once a week with vegetable juices and drink mostly vegetable juices almost every morning for breakfast. It can be a very healthy way to keep your body free of cellulite and just plain healthy.
- Eat lots of vegetables. Try adding a daily serving of fresh salads composed of healthy vegetables with healthy dressing.
- Choose healthy oils. Commercially heated fats like soy, corn, and canola may do more harm to your skin than good because they are so highly processed. Reach instead for olive and nut oils for cooking and to sprinkle on foods.
- Perform a liver cleanse. The liver is a primary organ responsible for cleansing wastes from the body. It is also a vital organ that is considered a fat destroyer in the body. The liver makes sure that your body fluids are helping your body achieve optimal performance. Don’t clog the liver or your pipes with fat. Keep them working smoothly and cleanly by doing a regular liver cleanse.
- Keep your system regular. Make sure you have one to two bowel movements every day. You know how much I love to talk about the colon! Don’t allow yourself to become constipated. Even people who are complete raw vegans still have difficulty with their bowels due to the amount of toxins that they get through the air, the environment, and the stress of daily life.
- Get on a daily exercise routine. Just start bouncing. Get your hands on a mini-trampoline and do some bouncing to reduce your body-fat percentage. Amazingly, the trampoline was rated by NASA as the #1 most effective exercise that also promotes lymphatic drainage in your body.
- Use a dry brush. Dry brushing was recommended by Dr. Paavo Airola for his patients 30 years ago and is still popular in European spas and many cancer treatment centers today. The Russians, Turks, and Scandinavians have used this treatment for centuries. Dry brushing is promoted as a way to prevent dry skin and cellulite formation, and it’s a great way to exfoliate the skin, thus stimulating skin renewal that is super soft to the touch. Plus, there are many other benefits as well.
In a nutshell, start eliminating cellulite today by changing your lifestyle for the better—eat healthy meals and keep your body moving through exercise.